Taking Brick Mania website requests and suggestions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Taking Brick Mania website requests and suggestions

Post  Gothboy77 on Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:07 am

Hello people of Brick Mania! Or, what few of you we have left, anyways.

In the next couple weeks I will be working on Brick Mania drastically to turn it into a global center for all kinds of entertainment. Now I will be taking suggestions and requests from my fellow Brick Manians who feel that the site is part of their responsibility.

Please do not request or suggest anything unreasonable or plain stupid, such as:

* CAN I HAZ FULL ADMINZ
* Make the site better (gives no detailed information)
* Add porn
* Adding usless/common information

I WILL be accepting requests and suggestions such as:

* Becoming a forum moderator
* Designs for making the site look better
* Threads that could help populate the forum
* Emoticon suggestions/requests
* Misc things that could improve the site or get more views

Some things I have already done:

* Posted the site to google, yahoo, and bing searches/bots
* Added a donation button
* Created a capcha to prevent spam bots
* Improed the site logo
* Added the site to google adsense for making money off ads
* Advertised on Facebook and Urban Dictionary
* Created a custom HTML page for failed add-ons

There are 2 main things Brick Mania needs:

* An easier way to navigate the site/better search results/more organization
* More people! we need more forum moderators, and forum contributers. We also need more people who just come here to hang out, which in turn gives better activity.

Talk to people, ask questions, give suggestions, make requests, and post results. Please, the future of Brick Mania doesn't just depend on me, it depends on all of you, my fellow Brick Manians.

Thanks!
-Gothboy77
Brick Mania forum creator/administrator

____________________________
avatar
Gothboy77
Chillin'
Chillin'

Posts : 1582
Age : 24

View user profile http://Brickmania.findtalk.biz

Back to top Go down

Re: Taking Brick Mania website requests and suggestions

Post  Dokiix on Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:26 am

The thing this forum needs the most is forum activity. Sadly, I don't know anyone who would be welcome to join.
Though, I'll still make an attempt to find people.

I wouldn't mind becoming a forum moderator, but I'm practically the newest person here so I doubt that I'd be a forum moderator, so you should ask one of your older members.
avatar
Dokiix
Moderate Gamer
Moderate Gamer

Posts : 254
Age : 19

View user profile http://thekickback.com/rickroll/rickroll.php

Back to top Go down

Re: Taking Brick Mania website requests and suggestions

Post  Gothboy77 on Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:34 am

Anyone can be a forum moderator, as long as they meet the following requirement:

* Over 100 posts
* Over 150 Bricks
* No warnings for spam/porn/unsuitable material

So actually Dokkix you fit profile perfectly. Anyways, there are many ways to get people to join. I used to just get on blockland as a fake name, and go to servers and advertise/spam the brick mania link. lolz, it's not the best way to do things, but it did get views.

How did you find the site, Dokkix?

____________________________
avatar
Gothboy77
Chillin'
Chillin'

Posts : 1582
Age : 24

View user profile http://Brickmania.findtalk.biz

Back to top Go down

Re: Taking Brick Mania website requests and suggestions

Post  Moonblazer21 on Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:50 am

unique website background for each section?

off topic: goth i cant find your blockland server

____________________________
Demopan?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My TF2 backpack check it out [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
avatar
Moonblazer21
Master Gamer
Master Gamer

Posts : 553
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Taking Brick Mania website requests and suggestions

Post  Dokiix on Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:10 am

Well, to be honest with you I actually didn't find it by chance.

I had connections with Neohax, but I decided not to say that's how I found out about this site because I saw that he had a bad image on here, and I didn't want you guys to judge me without giving me chance. |D

Well, I don't mind being a moderator as a said before, but there's a few problems with that.

I'm not sure of anyway I could help bring people to the site.
I barely know any of the members on here.
I don't know anything about Blockland, or Terraria I think it is.

I do have organizing skills, and I've done some graphic design here and there, though I'm no expert.
avatar
Dokiix
Moderate Gamer
Moderate Gamer

Posts : 254
Age : 19

View user profile http://thekickback.com/rickroll/rickroll.php

Back to top Go down

Re: Taking Brick Mania website requests and suggestions

Post  Gothboy77 on Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:26 am

Dokiix wrote:Well, to be honest with you I actually didn't find it by chance.

I had connections with Neohax, but I decided not to say that's how I found out about this site because I saw that he had a bad image on here, and I didn't want you guys to judge me without giving me chance. |D

Well, I don't mind being a moderator as a said before, but there's a few problems with that.

I'm not sure of anyway I could help bring people to the site.
I barely know any of the members on here.
I don't know anything about Blockland, or Terraria I think it is.

I do have organizing skills, and I've done some graphic design here and there, though I'm no expert.

While those skills are useful, thats not quite what I meant.
Organization is good, however. But i want someone strong willed, and determined. Contributors and activity are key along with a positive attitude, and a good sense of character.

____________________________
avatar
Gothboy77
Chillin'
Chillin'

Posts : 1582
Age : 24

View user profile http://Brickmania.findtalk.biz

Back to top Go down

Re: Taking Brick Mania website requests and suggestions

Post  Dokiix on Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:16 pm

Gothboy77 wrote:While those skills are useful, thats not quite what I meant.
Organization is good, however. But i want someone strong willed, and determined. Contributors and activity are key along with a positive attitude, and a good sense of character.

Hm....

Strong-willed, not so much, I'm so so.
Determined, check. |D
I check this site at least once a day. :3
I'm an optimist.
I can't assume I have a good sense of character cause that's an opinion.

So if you'll accept me as a forum moderator I'll be happy to step up.
avatar
Dokiix
Moderate Gamer
Moderate Gamer

Posts : 254
Age : 19

View user profile http://thekickback.com/rickroll/rickroll.php

Back to top Go down

Re: Taking Brick Mania website requests and suggestions

Post  Gothboy77 on Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:37 am

Well I can't just straight up accept you for forum moderator right now but after we get some more active member i would be more than happy to fill your quota. And moonblazer might get it too just because I have known him longer than anyone else here

____________________________
avatar
Gothboy77
Chillin'
Chillin'

Posts : 1582
Age : 24

View user profile http://Brickmania.findtalk.biz

Back to top Go down

Re: Taking Brick Mania website requests and suggestions

Post  Dokiix on Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:22 am

Gothboy77 wrote:Well I can't just straight up accept you for forum moderator right now but after we get some more active member i would be more than happy to fill your quota. And moonblazer might get it too just because I have known him longer than anyone else here

Alright. Like I said, you should make one of your older members a forum moderator. |D
avatar
Dokiix
Moderate Gamer
Moderate Gamer

Posts : 254
Age : 19

View user profile http://thekickback.com/rickroll/rickroll.php

Back to top Go down

Re: Taking Brick Mania website requests and suggestions

Post  Jakester on Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:58 am

Moonblazer21 wrote:unique website background for each section?

off topic: goth i cant find your blockland server

I agree with him, you should replace the plan black background with some orange bricks.
avatar
Jakester
Moderate Gamer
Moderate Gamer

Posts : 167

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Taking Brick Mania website requests and suggestions

Post  Moonblazer21 on Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:29 am

Jakester wrote:I agree with him, you should replace the plan black background with some orange bricks.

that wasnt what i meant

for example if i were to redesign the minecraft section i would put grass block here and there and mobs. Other topics that dont really focus on a primary thing would get some fancy back ground that wouldnt be to dramatic but have small sutble changes that you could still clearly tell the uniqueness but it would still retain in some way the main page theme.

____________________________
Demopan?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My TF2 backpack check it out [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
avatar
Moonblazer21
Master Gamer
Master Gamer

Posts : 553
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Taking Brick Mania website requests and suggestions

Post  Jakester on Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:06 am

Moonblazer21 wrote:
Jakester wrote:I agree with him, you should replace the plan black background with some orange bricks.

that wasnt what i meant

for example if i were to redesign the minecraft section i would put grass block here and there and mobs. Other topics that dont really focus on a primary thing would get some fancy back ground that wouldnt be to dramatic but have small sutble changes that you could still clearly tell the uniqueness but it would still retain in some way the main page theme.

Let me rephrase what i said, then.


Ahem.

I agree with him.
avatar
Jakester
Moderate Gamer
Moderate Gamer

Posts : 167

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Taking Brick Mania website requests and suggestions

Post  dafrandle on Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:47 am

emote right here
avatar
dafrandle
Master Gamer
Master Gamer

Posts : 862

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Taking Brick Mania website requests and suggestions

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum