Minecraft Throwable Objects

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Minecraft Throwable Objects

Post  Mega Bear on Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:09 pm

I am proposing an idea similar to grenades, while still retaining the pseudo-medieval theme of Minecraft. Note that all objects have the same physical attributes as an arrow fired from a bow. Though, how they interact with entities can vary from object to object. Griefer protections with these objects is the same as TNT on a server, it may be able to be crafted, but it can't be used. Of course this too differs with each plug-in. As with all throwable stuff, these will only stack up to sixteen, and the shown recipes only yield eight of each object to fit Minecraft's pattern.

Combat Objects!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
The stick of dynamite!
It detonates exactly five seconds after being thrown, so arch it carefully. When within three blocks of a mob it deals five hearts of damage, two hearts of damage when four to six blocks away, then only knocks you back when seven blocks away. The stick of dynamite also destroys one to four blocks on explosion. If it explodes next to ore, it will not destroy said ore unless it is coal. It does not start fires.

The napalm canister!
Only "cracks open" on contact with an entity. Once the napalm canister hits something, it will open up and set anything within five blocks on fire. If it lands on netherrack, the fire will spread an extra five or so blocks before stopping and blazing eternally.

Strategic Objects!

The canister of slime!
Basically the same characteristics as the canister of napalm. It only opens upon impact, and once it breaks, puddles of slime cover the five nearest blocks. Any mobs that pass over it are slowed by fifty percent, thus making creepers creep even more. If the slime puddles happen to land on gold ore, the gold will disappear due to a corrosive chemical reaction.

The flare!
It lights up the nearest ten blocks upon landing. Has no effect on mobs other than preventing spawning in lit-up areas. It will keep producing light for one minute before it runs out and disappears. This can be used for exploring caves.

Banner!
A little banner I whipped up for the Minecraft forum.
Copy and paste this into your signature to spread the word:
Code:
[url=http://brickmania.findtalk.biz/t448-minecraft-throwable-objects#3236][img]http://i64.servimg.com/u/f64/16/24/60/37/banner10.png[/img][/url]
This suggestion is also on the Minecraft forum, so you can support the idea there: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Mega Bear on Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:15 am; edited 1 time in total

PC Gamer
PC Gamer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Minecraft Throwable Objects

Post  Gothboy77 on Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:08 am

You should fix the OP and give a link to Brick Mania Smile

Chillin'

View user profile http://Brickmania.findtalk.biz

Back to top Go down

Post  Mega Bear on Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:10 am

Gothboy77 wrote:You should fix the OP and give a link to Brick Mania Smile
Already did, and I'm going to link it in my sig on the forum too.

PC Gamer
PC Gamer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gothboy77 on Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:13 am

I actually love the idea.
People say those resources are too much, but not really.

I would just make those recipes give you 4 sticks of dynamite/napalm/slime/flare

But make the flare take like 50% damage on a mob if directly hit, and only 20% if hit with splash damage.

Sound better?

Cool

Chillin'

View user profile http://Brickmania.findtalk.biz

Back to top Go down

Post  Mega Bear on Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:16 am

Gothboy77 wrote:I actually love the idea.
People say those resources are too much, but not really.

I would just make those recipes give you 4 sticks of dynamite/napalm/slime/flare

But make the flare take like 50% damage on a mob if directly hit, and only 20% if hit with splash damage.

Sound better?

Cool
I actually changed it to eight on the Minecraft forum and forgot to do it here, so yeah the crafting recipe now gives eight of each item.

Splash damage is good too but I'm too tired right now to edit that in. I'm watching Yogscast Very Happy

PC Gamer
PC Gamer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top