Debate Topics: Whats on your mind?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Debate Topics: Whats on your mind?

Post  Gothboy77 on Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:37 pm

I have quite a few viewpoints when it comes to debating issues such as Same-Sex Marriage, Legalization, Regulations, and all-around debated topics in America and around the world.

SAME-SEX MARRIAGE: Support or Unsupport?
How about neither. I do not "support" same sex marriage, however, if it is legal in one sate, it should be legal in all states. This issue is easily solvable. All this commotion over it is simply ridiculous. Not accepting someone for their sexual preference is just the same as not accepting someone for the way they dress, the way they talk, or the color of their skin.

On another note, I think it is wrong for homosexuals to "advertise" how gay they are. This is propaganda in the form of a child. Blantantly and obnixiously shoveling your sex preference in our nations face is a pretty sleezy way to get your marriage rights. I understand this is what a protest is about, but the point of same-sex marriage is to marry the same sex because you love them, not because you want everyone to know how much of a faggot you are.

That said, I tolerate same-sex marriage, but please do not advertise yourself as a fag. I don't walk around sayin' "OOH IM STRAIGHT I BEAT THE PUSSY UP" and I never wear tee-shirts that say "I PUT MY DICK IN VAGINAS ONLY" please keep your sex life to yourself, this should go for everyone!

Issue Solved: Legalize same-sex marriage and shut the fuck up already. You haters and bible thumpers of same-sex marriage, shut the fuck up. I am talking about you next.

RELIGION
Hm. What do I honestly believe about religion? Well, first of all, if you claim to be a christian but cannot accept the fact that God created a world where two humans of the same sex can fall in love, then I don't know if you take your christianity seriously. A true follower of the Lord will accept that some people are different, and even if they do not agree with their way of life, will have some understanding of it, and not judge the person because of it. Enough said: If you believe in God you will accept people for who they are. Bitching about it doesn't solve anything. Accept the world that God made and keep his word in your heart, you will be all right.

As for religions that worship other Gods and other things that are not solely based on one lord, I'm not sure what to say. Believing in anything more powerful than yourself and having faith that it is there to help you is still similar to believing in 1 god. I see nothing wrong with religions worshiping many gods or items such as trees and statues. It might seem a little weird but the basic principal is the same. The worshipers are happy to have another day of life and are thanking a greater entity than itself for the things they have in life.

If you do not believe in God then that is your own thing. Don't hate on us religion believers because we believe in something greater than ourselves. We accept you guys, now accept us and shut the fuck up.

Issue Solved: Believe in your own religion and don't judge others based on theirs. Judging someone for what they believe in is just like the above said topic and no different than racism. Accept that people are different and carry on with your own life, with your own god.

I will be posting 2 hot debate topics for a while at random times. If you have a request on my viewpoint for a topic, go ahead and ask

Chillin'

View user profile http://Brickmania.findtalk.biz

Back to top Go down

Re: Debate Topics: Whats on your mind?

Post  Mega Bear on Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:31 am

This sounds fun.

Gay Marriage
I am a staunch supporter of gay rights, but yeah I don't think anyone should be pompous about their sexuality. Just as it annoys me when a guy will go around bragging about how much sex he has, it would bug me if a gay guy bragged about his sex life. It doesn't really bother me if a couple (hetero or homo) wants to hold hands and make out in public, I just turn my head.

Religion
I'm an agnostic atheist. I don't have a religion, never really cared for religion once I started to think for myself. In this day and age, I feel that religion is unnecessary, but if people want to believe, they are free to do so. What I dislike about religion is the close mindedness it advocates. Lots of religious people are against fundamental scientific ideas like evolution or the big bang, which have much more validity than supernatural beings like Jesus, Allah, or Zeus. A lot of religions cause discrimination as well. For instance, fundamentalist Christians are against gay rights, and the majority of Muslim culture is oppressive towards women.

To me, a good religion accepts scientific truths and encourages love amongst everyone. Buddhism and most sects of Lutheran Christianity both accomplish this to varying degrees, so they're all right in my book.

PC Gamer
PC Gamer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jakester on Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:40 pm

I completely agree with you on the same sex marriage opinion and its nice to see I'm not the only one who thinks this way. If people want to, that's fine, but no one has to be all 'Loud and proud and in your face' about them being gay.
Jakester
Moderate Gamer
Moderate Gamer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gothboy77 on Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:26 am

Now adding 2 more topics to my debate:

GUN CONTROL:
First off, I fully support the second amendment and anyones' right to bear arms. The government has no right to take the peoples guns away. I am sure if every citizen were required to carry a gun, no one would fuck with each other; or quite as often anyways. People would learn responsibility.
I DO NOT believe in carrying any concealed weapon, concealing weapons is like hiding dirty little secrets, and nothing good is going to come from it. If you want to carry a gun around you'd better be informing everyone that you have a gun, so they know to be wary of you, and so they can trust you to be under control. This, like I said, will show more responsibility for many citizens, and create trust within the communities. Gang wars should be handled by the police, as they are nothing good. Anyone who thinks they are cool because they have a gun needs to be kicked in the shins really fucking hard because they are stupid. those are the kind of people who do not deserve to have any kind of weapon.

To solve the issue: Background checks should be ran for a history of any type of violence or assault. People who are rendered "dangerous" no not deserve to carry a weapon in public, but MAY have at least one gun for defensive household purposes. This is about the best middle ground I can think of. Everyone should have the right to own a gun, but owning many multiple high-caliber guns (like more than 3) is ridiculous and unnecessary. No household needs that kind of firepower, and neither do our police stations. In all honesty I think military-grade weapons should not even exist. Killiing and violence is wrong and solves nothing. Treaties and peace solve make progress. Needless to say, this issue is already solved. The American people are not going to let their guns get taken away. Enough about this, it's simply absurd. Good luck congress Wink

DRUG REGULATIONS:
Okay, I know what you are all thinking, but my answer might surprise you all. I hate drugs. A day doesn't pass where I see prescription drugs advertised on TV, claiming to fix your problems, but really the side effects aren't even worth it!. Take this Tylenol for pain, and risk liver and kidney damage, holes in your stomach, an allergic reaction, or possibly death! I am tired of seeing pills everywhere claiming to cure this and fix that. There are certain prescription drugs that can help you such as antibiotics, aspirin, and respiratory medicine. I think people need to give Marijuana a chance and stop poisoning their bodies with man made chemicals.

To solve this issue: Make prescription drugs only available for people who are truely sick and absolutely NEED the medication. If you have a headache or a sore back, smoke some weed, make some pot cookies, or take a hot shower. You will live. poisoning your body with man made chemicals might solve you problems now, but later in life you will grow dependent on them, and then you are an addict.

Chillin'

Back to top Go down

Post  Mega Bear on Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:06 am

Gun Control

I feel generally the same way towards this issue as Gothboy. I think the second amendment is necessary, but guns should be registered and respected, and if anyone owns more than ten guns, they should be taxed for them. Not a huge tax, though. Also, large clips of ammo should be very strictly regulated. There is no need for anyone to have a thirty-round magazine, ten or fifteen seems more reasonable.

Guns are very important for protection, though. I'm not saying people should be forced to own them, but it's good to have at least one in the house so that people can keep themselves safe, learn to handle them correctly, and ultimately learn that guns, while dangerous, are not something to be afraid of.

Drug Regulations

I don't have a very strong opinion on this, but I do think marijuana should be legal at the same age as cigarettes. Pot is way less harmful than cigarettes anyway, the latter is filled to the brim with countless harmless chemicals, whereas the only threat with weed is inhaling smoke, and let's face it--the world is full of factories and cars pumping smoke into the air 24/7. Marijuana smoke isn't going to kill us any faster than heavy carbon emissions.

PC Gamer
PC Gamer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gothboy77 on Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:35 am

Your opinions are highly respectable. I like how you compared the marijuana smoke to heavy carbon emissions. Marijuana can be safely cooked with as well and ingested as healthy food.

As for gun control, the idea of taxes is a good idea, Mega Bear. Like, if they have excessive amounts of firearms anyway. Ammo should be regulated too, but lots of people make their own ammo, my buddy does I know.

Chillin'

Back to top Go down

Post  Mega Bear on Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:22 am

Gothboy77 wrote:Like, if they have excessive amounts of firearms anyway.

Definitely. The government putting a tax on the purchase and owning of merely one firearm wouldn't be very effective in stopping criminals from obtaining weapons, seeing as many of them buy their guns illegally. The Columbine shooters got their guns from older friends who were able to buy them, just going to show that criminals don't conform to retail shopping in these situations.

PC Gamer
PC Gamer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top